International Conference on Evolvable Systems 1998
Special Session on the Theories and Applications of Morphogenesis for
Complex Systems Design
While many key ideas in computer science were insprired from
biological phenoema, such as evolution, neural networks,
and immune system, the application of developmental process, or
morphogenesis have began only recently, perhaps after 1990.
However, number of researcher are steadly growing.
In ICES-98, we will organize a dedicated special track
on this growing new area. We solicit high quality original
contribution in the area on the theory and application of morphogenesis
for designing complex systems, artistic work, and other artificial objects.
A partial list of topics include:
- Computational Theory of Morphgenesis for Engineering Design
- Grammar-encodig method
- Cellular-encoding method, and other developmental encoding scheme
- Hardware for morphgenesis
- Biologically-feasible morphogenesis scheme
- April 1, 1998: Submisison Deadline
- May 1, 1998: Notice of Acceptance
- June 1, 1998: Camera-ready Due.
is same as ICES-98, as it is one of the sessions in
Sony Computer Science Laboratories
3-14-13 Higashi-Gotanda, Shinagawa
Tokyo 141 Japan