- January 22, 2015 "Dividual Plays" : RAM Video Presentation at YCAM
CSL researcher Alexis Andre has been taking part of a project called "Reactor for Awareness in Motion (RAM)" initiated by YCAM (Yamaguchi Center for Arts and Media). The project explores the possibilities of bodily expression through technology in the form of dance performance.
His idea using RAM will be introduced at the upcoming event "Divisual Plays" to be held on 1/24 - 1/25.
You can find more about the event from here:
- January 20, 2015 The 2nd International Symposium on Open Energy Systems
The 2nd International Symposium on Open Energy Systems will be held at the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST), Okinawa, on February 2-3, 2015. The symposium is framed around the "Open Energy Systems (OES)" concept and its applications to various social and geographical situations such as industrialized cities, isolated islands and remote areas with unstable electricity. It is our aim to bring together technical experts, government officials and business leaders that are potentially interested in co-developing and deploying such systems. Sony CSL is co-sponsoring the event.
You can find details of the symposium at:
Pre-registration is requested.
- December 18, 2014 A New Enterprise: Sony Global Education, Inc.
- Sony Corporation and Sony Computer Science Laboratories, Inc. have announced plans to establish a new company. Sony Global Education, Inc., will offer online educational services in various countries after it is incorporated on April 1, 2015.<Press Release>
- December 11, 2014 Smartphone guide "Tohaku Navi"
- Free rentals of smartphones/tablets are now available at the Tokyo National Museum to experience the new feature added to the museum's official smartphone guide app "Tohaku Navi" (until Dec. 4). The new feature uses speech synthesis engine to create guides for a selection of recommended art works.You can also download the app to your iOS/Android devices for free, so why not spend some time at the Tokyo National Museum and appreciate the art exhibition? "Tohaku Navi" app will be your guide!# Sony CSL was involved in preparing contents for this application.
- November 7, 2014 New York Symposium 2014
- Sony CSL held its first-ever symposium in the United States in September, 2014.You can read about it from here: